Instructions for Oral Presentations
Oral presentation slots will be strictly limited to 20 minutes. You should aim for a presentation lasting no longer than 15 minutes, leaving 5 minutes for questions and change of speakers.
You may present oral papers by connecting your own PC to projectors pre-installed in the presentation rooms. Test and confirm that your presentation is projected properly no later than the start of the session before your own. Projector resolution is 1024x768 (XGA).
You may use our PCs pre-installed at the conference site if you will not or cannot use your own PC. To use our PCs, upload your presentation using our USB flash memory devices available in preparation rooms 213, 214 and 215. Upload no later than 2 sessions before your own. Our PCs have the following software:
- Windows Vista
- PowerPoint 2007
- Adobe Reader
Software is provided to play the following multimedia filetypes:
- Windows Media Video (.wmv)
- Windows Media Audio (.wma)
- MPEG-1 Audio Layer (.mp3)
- Audio Video Interleave (.avi)
Support will be provided for Quicktime, Real Audio and VLC compatible codecs. To use non-industry standard codecs, request audio-visual support by contacting the conference organizers.
Presentation preparation rooms will be open during the following times:
- Sunday 26th September 14:00-18:00
- Monday 27th September 08:30-17:00
- Tuesday 28th September 08:30-17:00
- Wednesday 29th September 08:30-17:00
- Thursday 30th September 08:30-12:00
Instructions for Poster Presentations
- Each poster is presented on 1 side of a 240-centimeter wide and 180-centimeter high poster board. A standard A0-sized poster (1189mm x 841mm) will fit on the poster board in wide (landscape) format.
- Each poster session is 2 hours long.
- Presenters must put up their poster in the 30 minutes before the start of the session.
- Presenters must remove their poster immediately at the end of the session so as to enable presenters for the next session to put up their poster in time.
- Materials to affix posters to poster boards will be provided in the poster sessions.
This page was last updated on 5-August-2010 6:00 UTC.